Our vision is to have a strong, competitive and diverse Queensland economy, driven by adaptive and sustainable regions, industries and projects.
Our purpose is to drive the economic development program for Queensland by creating a diverse and thriving economy, and generating new jobs.
Our strategic objectives
• Create an attractive investment environment
• Facilitate a pipeline of strategic projects
• Advance regional communities
• Lead strategic development of priority industries
• Develop and support agile DSD service delivery
The department focuses on three key areas:
• regions and
We plan our delivery of activities with intent to:
• build strong and continued engagement with local, state, national and international agencies and industry
• prioritise industries and new sectors to encourage growth and innovation
• partner with regional stakeholders to deliver a vibrant and dynamic economy
• grow regional economies through investment, exports and job creation
• engage with existing sectors to drive productivity, ideas, opportunities and projects
• respond to challenges and opportunities and identify actions that will grow new projects.
Headquartered at 1 William Street Brisbane, the department includes a network of 10 regional offices that work directly with local industry, stakeholders and governments. Our regional office contact details are available at www.dsdmip.qld.gov.au
Working for the department
Vacancies are advertised on the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/ or promoted on this LinkedIn page.
Department of State Development (DSD) has 165 contacts, the majority of which in AroundDeal database are in Project and Programme.