Mercy Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
Founded in 1874, Mercy Medical Center is a Catholic health care facility, sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, as well as a teaching hospital for the University of Maryland School of Medicine. Located in downtown Baltimore at 345 St. Paul Place, Mercy is part of Mercy Health Services, Inc., which also includes Stella Maris, Central Maryland's largest long-term/geriatric care facility located in Timonium, MD, as well as a network of community health centers. In 2010 Mercy's campus expanded with the addition of new $400+ million, 20-story replacement hospital, The Mary Catherine Bunting Center, which features 15 state-of-the-art operating rooms and 196 private inpatient rooms. Mercy has been the recipient of numerous awards and honors, most recently including Magnet Recognition for Nursing excellence, the American Institute of Architects' Presidential Citation for Urban Design, and U.S. News & World Report's high-performing hospital in the areas of Cancer, Diabetes & Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Nephrology, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Pulmonology and Urology.
Hospital & Health Care